Senin, 12 September 2011

What's Wrong With Women !!


It's not only the crazy Qaddafi, but almost everyone. 

What's wrong with women ? why do men tend to vows to fight and rule like men and not like women? 

Why is it an insult being a woman ? or for a man to be like a woman? 

Even women get so excited when being labeled as being good -in any thing- and can manage like real men !!

A few days ago, Qaddafi vows: 
what's wrong with women ?. Is it because they are they sane, reasonable and wont destroy their countries
like him and the like of him? . And if we say that he is the craziest one out there and wont blame him for what he says, then why are we trying to degrade him and humiliate by having picture of  him like a woman !! 
Isn't him being him enough degrading !!
I honestly don't know if this is a concept for different countries, but I know for sure that's one of the worst notions in our Arabic countries: to try to put a man in a lower position by comparing him to a woman. 
Very clear messages out there for a life time lessons: 
 "something wrong with women"
" You are -as a man- way better than a woman"
" women are in  lesser positions and ranks than you"
And we wonder why do we treat our women the way we do?

13 komentar:

  1. Interesting post!

    My impression is that it is the same across cultures but in certain cultures and societies it is more or less acceptable to say it out loud.

    I would say that by the time of adulthood only the most obtuse of men would say it out loud in public except as a deliberate act of aggression.

    I have it on good authority (male students and colleagues) that locker room discourse has different norms.

    Nice pic of Gaddafi. Good propaganda material. LOL :D

    BalasHapus
  2. PS The Obama administrations' initial propaganda, I mean, official statements on the capture of Bin Laden used the same trope--hiding behind women [like a girl would].

    BalasHapus
  3. Chiara,

    I feel the same, from what I read and saw, most cultures have the same notion, but as you say some say it louder than others.

    And I remember the emphasis by the media about the Bin Laden's death, that he was standing behind his wife or take shelter in her..pure stupidity. Plus if you look it from the other side, it's she-the wife- who was brave enough to stand to them, SO...

    BalasHapus
  4. oh wafa'...this is so humiliating .

    BalasHapus
  5. Way to go Wafa! I share your sentiments! It's a universal problem which needs to be addressed by everyone.Thanks for bringing it up! In my world men can cry and clear the dishes :) No one is lesser or more!

    BalasHapus
  6. نيسان,
    it's . The way we are being labeled as the bad ones to be compared to, so sad :(

    BalasHapus
  7. Lat,

    The longer we keep ignoring the way women are portrayed, the longer violence will be our companion.
    So so outrageous.
    You are living in an amazing world my dear, enjoy it :)

    BalasHapus
  8. My world as I was saying not a fully literalized world yet :)But I hope one day it is so for everyone.Love and appreciate you friend!

    BalasHapus
  9. Lat,

    inshAllah one day it will be and yes for everyone :)

    Thanks a lot for the kind words. You have a very special place in my heart my friend. I love you :)

    BalasHapus
  10. Yuck, hate these kind of comments. It's so engrained in society though. Even I have to be very careful not to use comments such as "man up".

    BalasHapus
  11. Becky,

    yes "man up" is one of the worst phrases out there.

    BalasHapus