Senin, 05 September 2011

Question 6


Describe the longest road trip you’ve ever taken. 


They say that the length of something is a matter of feelings not the actual time. Is that true ?

I honestly believe so, the longest road trip happened almost 12 years ago, it took about 3 hours but was the longest to me. 

A few days before that trip, I came home from work to a very quiet home, you can sense the fear everywhere before even meeting anyone,then my mother told me that my eldest brother and my uncle have an intervention for my younger alcoholic brother. 
He was sent to the city of Jeddah to a specialized hospital there. 
We were happy and scared at the same time. for a very few days, he kept calling , yelling and screaming that he would kill them all if no one gets him out of there immediately. So my brother ask me to go with him to convince our younger brother to stay. Me and him were really close. 

At dawn we left, through the whole 3 hours we were mostly quiet and the moments we talked it was to come up with good ideas to convince him that it's good for him to be there. 

We arrived, visited him and he was so calm. We tried our best, he hated being almost a zombie there with the medicines they gave them. We told him it's a phase and he will be better. I explained to him the state of violence he is when he drinks which is always, we tried every possible way. EVERY.

We lost and we left. Another long three hours, realizing and thinking what will happen next. 


The only way for him to leave was if my father go there and  take him out. A few days after that my father did, the whole family was there minus my eldest brother. 

He drove us back to Medina, he was very happy and excited to leave that place. 
He was drunk. He is still. 


*If you have any question to ask, feel free to do so :)



7 komentar:

  1. happy and scared at the same time ,,, ....) don`t blame ya!

    BalasHapus
  2. Haitham,

    speaking-or writing in this case- about such things helps venting a lot, so ... , alhamduliAllah anyway :)

    BalasHapus
  3. enjoyed the read..keep writing and posting :)

    BalasHapus
  4. Muhammad,

    Glad you enjoyed the posts.

    Thanks for the visit and comment :)

    BalasHapus
  5. Susanne,

    it's OK my dear, what doesn't kill us make us stronger I am sure :)

    BalasHapus