Rabu, 07 Juli 2010

Marriage !!


What's with people and marriage ??

Why do they think it's the best thing in the world ??

 Why do they think that there is no one is miserable like a single lady  ??

Why do they think that by not getting married you are missing a HUGE thing ??
and that's your life is a waste??


I always said that the best thing my family believe in is that there is no force in marriage. So I was left without pressure. Of course, my mother would express her wishes from time to time that my sister and i would marry and have a stable life !!! . And everyone else thinks that, too. As if we are roaming the streets drunk and miserable. A huge hazards on society !!!

Today, i was approached by a colleague who explained with a long introduction that she is sorry and that she knew that this is not the right time for something like what she was about to say - and people if you know it's not the right time, then it's not the right time- (because of my father's death) , but she had to say it anyway because she loves me and she cares for me and blah blah blah . finally she informed me -lucky me- that she has a husband for me :)  who is amazing , nice and good who had a bad life -poor he-because of his father but still nice and wanted to marry but he just , just , just has no job, so what do i think ??
i felt like being the late Princess Diane being told about Prince Charles -with different circumstances of course-
-as if i am going to take days or even minutes to think- i kept cutting her and told her no, i don't want to get married . but she kept pushing and wonder why ? me, the woman who is complete-eyes rolling- and beautiful -that's what she says and i am not advertising my self- as if  i would tell anyone if i have a HUGE reason for not marrying.
oh yea i just remember a Lady who once told me not to say i don't want to marry cuz people will think that you have a boyfriend or a lover !!! - i am officially complaining Google for not adding face expression to blogs-


There is no reason. I am a non-marriageable woman, that's all.
Does everyone have to marry ??
And even if i am a spinster- believe me they still believe that in here- , maybe it's because i want to be single or spinster.who cares ? .
Why do they feel -oh poor she and never he- when someone is not married ?
why do i have to be a mom? does any one ever think that not all of us wants to be mothers ??
seriously i love kids and they are amazing when they laugh but that's it.


And MEN , oh men . don't let me start with this species. I am not lesbian or anything but i have issues with men, huge issues, they would take probably more than the rest of my life to solve them. So why waste my life which is already a waste to solve the issue so i would marry and then discover that marriage is another waste !!!!
They are cute and i love looking at handsome men as long as they are way far away from me.


And a question to men in general and especially  the one i was told about this morning,
why would they want to marry when they have no jobs ?? .
The rules say that they work and we stay at home- oh lots of them still believe that-.
So what are we going to do since you don't have a job ?.
is it because i am a teacher -and they think that teachers are the wealthiest people in here -
so i am the one who is going to be the breadwinner? am i supposed to help him start his dreams with his first business where he will be rich and famous and then he will get another wife and dump me -sorry get carried away remembering all these Egyptians TV series- .
What about my mother and sister ? will i stop helping them for the sake of his killing eyes !!!

And of course he will want to have kids, lots of them.
Didn't the prophet asks to have lots of kids -and we are very picky with what we want from religion- .
And what would he teach his kids ?
that's staying at home if wayyyyyy fun than working and that's all your problem will be solved when you find yourself a 36 spinster teacher who is dying to get married so she wouldn't miss on the blessing married people live in ?

I wouldn't mind marrying a stay at home dad if he would cook, clean and wash the house. Feed the babies, and help them with their home works when they grow up . So all i have to do is just get in the house with a frown face, yelling and wanting to just relax. doing nothing.

of course, not. So get lost and leave me alone.

I don't want to marry.


P.S: i will be more than happy to send you my colleague's number if this post offend you in anyway, especially men : D <<<< that face looks evil.lol. kinda what i feel right now.

23 komentar:

  1. It didn't offend us at all. It is clear that he wants a working woman to spend on him and I am surprised your colleague didn't see it that way or did but preferred to ignore!

    BalasHapus
  2. Poet,
    glad to know, lol. But actually soruces tell me that she is probably a khatabah. so she will get something in return. it was not in the sake of Allah .

    BalasHapus
  3. I could relate to this post somewhat. Not in the marrying way, but bearing children way. Ha, ha. It's not as much of an issue here as in your culture, but still it's somewhat expected for most women to have babies. I just never really wanted them. I like kids and enjoy being around them for a while, but never felt the need to mass reproduce myself! :)

    And I wouldn't want a man I'd have to support so you are so wise. And in your culture with the whole legality of polygyny and in my culture the seriousness of cheating on the side....ugh.

    I have a wonderful husband and if you ever decide to marry, I hope it's to someone who will support you and love you unconditionally and whole-heartedly. You deserve it, Sweet Wafa'!

    BalasHapus
  4. Actually dear Wafa, your post made me laugh! It is clear you have an amazing sense of humor! Listen, I will be with you on this one, even though, I am married! LOL

    It is certainly your choice and your choice alone! No one has a right to dictate how you live your life or even make you feel like crap because you choose a certain way of life!

    Besides, marriage is honestly "Naseeb". It is not up to you nor me or anybody else. If God wills it, it shall happen so I would not even care what these people say or think, if I was you!

    Let me be bluntly honest. I chose to get married because I wanted to live a "halal" life! Lets face it, I am human! I also hoped for a "father figure" for my children. These were my main reasons! Of course comes the companion part and blah blah blah.

    So, my point is don't get married unless you have a reason to do so! Otherwise, and in all honesty, if you are truly happy being single and you enjoy the life that you have and you absolutely don't need to get married at all for any reason, then, DON'T!! :)

    My aunt lived single all her life in Saudi Arabia and she LOVED her life and it was VERY full of joy and love all around her! She never once felt the need to get married or the pressures around her as well! She didn't care and guess what? Her family didn't either! :)

    People, my dear Wafa, will always talk! Wallahi, if you were an Imam or Sheikhah, they will STILL talk! Sad to say, it is the perverse nature of human beings, especially in Saudi! LOLOLO ;)

    And one more thing I am MORE than compelled here to mention this. Please do not say MEN as a whole are annoying and I don't want you to firmly believe this either! Most, I will agree with you wholeheartedly, are beyond annoying. But the rest are decent and they are out there! Maybe a few, but they are there and they do fear God the right way! :)

    If I was there joining you in the conversation with this lady about this particular guy, I would have asked her "would she go for a guy with no job?" Guarantee you she would not so why she would assume you would, blows my mind! lol

    BalasHapus
  5. I`m semi-offendd :P
    Me need cash money to feel better ..plz.

    But seriously, gr8 post as always wafa`, I think our society some how dectates upon us such frame of mind + thoughts.

    BalasHapus
  6. Nice post! Marriage is definitely not always all-that. But for some reason I thought you are married!

    BalasHapus
  7. "So all i have to do is just get in the house with a frown face, yelling and wanting to just relax. doing nothing. "

    Sounds like my husband! lol, I'm kidding, a little...

    He is not always frowning and yelling (I am usually yelling, heehee) but he does just want to relax after work and it drives me crazy. All I ask is that he keep the baby out of my hair while I clean the kitchen, but he's "too tired" to even do that.

    I love my husband, but anyone who paints marriage as all roses, kisses, and cute well behaved babies is quite mistaken. Marriage is hard work, and if you don't want to take part in one, why should you have to?

    BalasHapus
  8. HAHAHAHAHAH he has no job ... so yeah it looks like you'd be the breadwinner in that case. ;) If it were a situation where you were both young (like under 20) and he seemed like a motivated guy (or currently in school) then it'd be different.

    I agree, if the men who stayed home did all the things you listed (cook, clean, etc) then everything would be fine. But they don't, they'll stay home and still expect everything to be done by you ... maybe pitch in here and there but then think that they're extending themselves and stop doing that whenever they get upset with you. (sorry, ranting a bit here).

    I'm the same as Nikki, my husband wants to just relax when he gets home from work ... I take care of the kids, and try to keep them away from him when he's in a bad mood.
    Having kids is no picnic in the sun ... although I've always wanted some and I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. My aunt never married and has no kids, and she seems perfectly happy. My MIL doesn't want to get remarried either, after her divorce to my husband's dad and then the death of her 2nd husband.

    BalasHapus
  9. Hello,

    I just want to say something here, if you don't want to get married that is completely up to you, just put an end to it and inform everyone that you're not looking for a husband.

    But please allow me to disagree about men being crap; there really is no difference between men and women when it comes to cruelty, insanity, emotional or mental disorders, I do not think that women are any better than men, so if you don't want to get married because you believe that all men are horrible, think again, and give yourself a chance!

    BalasHapus
  10. Susanne,
    i remember when i read at your blog once about how a man prays for you to have children. it's the same thing.
    People keep thinking that as long as something-anything-is good for them , they want you to have it, too. even if we know better.

    BalasHapus
  11. Manal,
    you are already trapped sweetie, lol :P , naa j/k. but you know how we Arabs and Saudis like to think for others and how the way we see things is always the right way. And you are completely right marriage is Naseeb.
    As for the lady at school, she actually knows my answer to that. but she had to try cuz who knows maybe i am that desperate, lol

    BalasHapus
  12. Haitham,

    lool, And me need great cash money to feel better , too. Let's rob a bank, lol

    And finally, a Man agrees with me, thanks my dear friend :)

    BalasHapus
  13. Nikki,

    are not all husbands like this, lol .
    it's ok if you are doing the yelling, it's good for venting some steam, lol

    see i agree, marriage is tough one and i don't think i can handle that responsibilty.

    BalasHapus
  14. Jaz,
    lool nope i am not married. AlhamduliAllah :) .

    BalasHapus
  15. Aynur,
    that's true, if he was young and still working for his life and to have a great future, things might be different. But that's not the case so why the trouble !!!

    very true, having kids and being married is not the easiest things to do in life, and being a mom is a full time job.

    BalasHapus
  16. girl,

    first of all, welcome in my small corner :)

    if you are a Saudi or an Arab, you know that there is no " put an end to it" in our soceity. people will always presume that they know best and that's they want the best for you .

    BalasHapus
  17. On the men comment i made. seriously i am not against men, some of them yes or even most. why ? it will take me years and treatments to get over it.
    But... i know that some men are amazing. Sadly, none of them around me :(

    BalasHapus
  18. Wafa..WHOA girl ... u r HOT!! and HAppening wid ur thoughts. i was a teacher. am 28. being pressed for marriage like anyythingggg....knee-deep into this. already being looked at wid pity..and what not
    about having kids and all...am following ur blog. read my post below about marital problems and tell me if you agree or not!!

    http://relationships-catgirl.blogspot.com/2010/06/part-she-was-just-browsing-through-her.html

    BalasHapus
  19. Marriage,Wow you have hit the nerve, Believe it or not I'm a 25 year old guy and i can't stop thinking of marriage, Why ?, Let me tell you why, All my love experiences have been from one side with no mutual feelings from the other side.

    Therefore my mind is telling me get married so you stop thinking about these things.

    I work 12 hours a day and the pay isn't that good but at least i work, And i want to get back home and have a beautiful face to look at and someone to share my thoughts with either then my parents.

    I don't know what to say more, This issue is very complicated for me until now and I'm always looking forward to share it with a girl who maybe can understand what I'm saying and give me her opinion.

    Concerning your thoughts about marriage i don't know if your the right one but it would be interesting to know your point of view.

    BalasHapus
  20. CATGIRL,
    sorry to read that, but you sound to be a tough lady yourself, so i am sure you will make the best of it.

    <<<checking your link :)

    BalasHapus
  21. Ali,
    i don't know but the idea to get married to get over something is not the right cause for me.

    Maybe you have not met your right woman yet, so why the rush ? but i agree that marriage is way beautiful when shared your thoughts and ideas with a loved one.

    lol i agree i am not the right one to talk about marriage since i am an anti-marriage lady so all my advices will be disastrous, lol

    BalasHapus
  22. LOOOL
    Wafa' let’s start a club or a cult or something ;D

    BalasHapus
  23. Faith,
    and i will be the "boss" or whatever they call them in cults. But we have to have a name, a catchy one, like "????" i can not think of one, lool

    BalasHapus