Senin, 26 Juli 2010

It's Been a Whole Month and One Day


Today, my father has been gone for a month and one day.

It felt like it was yesterday. And i miss him.

I wish he didn't die. I wish he had lived till he is eighty or ninety or even more.

I am trying to remember the good time, but i couldn't. We didn't have the great father and daughter relationship. I know he didn't hate me but maybe he didn't know how to show if he love me.
I used to blame him , but i don't anymore. Not because he is dead but because it didn't and doesn't matter.

 sometimes parents and their kids don't have a great relationship, that's it. They supposed to but ....

I remember when he was the man of my world, i used to love him so much and care.
But something happened, something i want to bury deep down , in a place where it will never show up.
That thing changed everything and the problem is i don't know for sure if it's true or wrong. But it doesn't matter now.

I hate to say if things happen all over again, i would change things. Because this is not a movie where you will realize that time is back, you wont and things will still happen the same way it did.

Our biggest problem was my younger brother, he felt like it was ok which i can understand since he is a father , but i felt like it was everything and wanted support which he couldn't give .
It was a father dilemma and he chose, i wish he chose my side but i think my brother would of have felt left out if my father chose my side not his.
And since i had other people to support me then maybe my father chose right, and my brother is happy to have his father's side while he was alive.
Despite all, my brother needed someone and maybe my father saw that and chose to love him instead of blaming him to help him in life.
Oneday my father's love will help my younger estranged brother find his way.


I don't know if i was a big disappointment to him, at times he was to me but most times he was not. He simply was not the perfect father. He used to be very proud of me. And through all i used to be very proud of him and still.

I keep thinking about him a lot and smiling every time. I give people money in his name and i pray that Allah will accept that and reward him. 

 I wish that he is proud of me now.


14 komentar:

  1. Hugs! What a sweet post. I don't see how anyone would not be proud of you.

    BalasHapus
  2. My relationship with my father isn't that great too. He knows so little about me that I feel I'm an orphan sometimes. But I respect him out of Birr Alwalidayn. He is a good man after all. He's just busy, and you know, God will not punish me for feelings I have, but my doings and how I treat him.

    I know the importance of Birr AlWalidayn, and even if I want my father to change a little bit, I know that I don't want to do anything I'd regret for doing when he passes away. You know what I mean.

    Allah yerham waaldek, Saudi Princess.

    BalasHapus
  3. Allah yer7amuh! We all try to be good parents/children but no one is perfect.

    Wish you all happiness sweet Wafa'.

    BalasHapus
  4. الله يرحمه ويرحم اموات المسلمين حميعا

    some fathers like your father never show his feeling to his children but that not mean he's not love them :)

    you such great daughter for him , he know what are you doing for him , every Riyal you give in his name he know :)

    BalasHapus
  5. I know what you mean about not having a great father/daughter relationship ... my father is still alive but I haven't talked to him in years, but for me it's for the best.
    Sometimes people are so messed up themselves that they can't be good parents to their kids ... it's not something they probably most of the time realize.

    BalasHapus
  6. Susanne,

    awww sweetie :).

    Your words have made my day, believe me :)

    BalasHapus
  7. Princess,

    Beside Birr alwalidayn, i always wanted to love him because of love itself. But as you said Birr Alwalidayn is important too.

    I don't know if i am in a position where i can advice you to love him now or even try harder to be close to him cuz i hate advices. But try anyway to get closer to him, who knows things might change and ...

    Thanks a lot for your beautiful comment :)

    BalasHapus
  8. Susu,

    Amen ya Rab.

    Well, we can try at least :)

    wishes you the same dear :)

    BalasHapus
  9. Freedom,

    آمين يارب
    :)

    Inshallah he knows, maybe i can make him a bit proud of me there, who knows :)

    BalasHapus
  10. Aynur,

    I used to believe the same but after his death some things changed and i don't know how i will feel about the future. But you know your situation better than anyone and you are right maybe it's for the best if you two don't speak to him at all.
    ( Sometimes people are so messed up themselves that they can't be good parents to their kids ... it's not something they probably most of the time realize.) i agree with you one hundred percent in that.

    BalasHapus
  11. I really liked your post, it seems like it was hard to write...
    I haven't lost any of my parents yet (I'm adopted and have been found so I have 4 parents)
    But I never got along with my alcoholic mother, I haven't seen her in years, yet I miss her too. I miss growing up.

    Oh well, I don't know what happened between you and your father...but I see no reason for a father not to be proud of his child.

    fal yubarikuk allah anta wa osratuk

    BalasHapus
  12. You know, some things we just wish if they were better than they are... and we can think of many ways how they can simply be changed to the better.. Even though the process is simple, yet often it's not within our hands nor does it change. I used to get mad about such issues, still do.. but then I surrender and say: هذا نصيبنا من
    الدنيا..
    The simple things that can change the things from your behalf, I am happy to see you doing them :')
    الله يرحمه و يجمعكم في معالي جناته إن شاء الله، و مالم تناليه في الدنيا، العوض أضعافه في الآخرة :)

    BalasHapus
  13. found,

    I understand how you feel about missing your alcoholic mother. I have an alcoholic brother who i have not any contact with in a long time, but were close to during our father's funeral. but then things turn to its normal way :(

    Thanks a lot for your beautiful and kind words :)

    BalasHapus
  14. My Sky,

    you summed it up when you say ( yet often it's not within our hands nor does it change) . i guess we should be careful and let it go at the same time.
    الله يرحمه و يجمعكم في معالي جناته إن شاء الله، و مالم تناليه في الدنيا، العوض أضعافه في الآخرة

    آمين :) و لايحرمك عزيز و لاغالي ان شاءالله
    :)

    BalasHapus