Senin, 15 Agustus 2011

Do We Or Don't We !!


Reading the book " I want to get married", get me thinking why would some people put themselves into such situations just to get married, but then I realized they do because that's what they want or what they dream of.

Who am I to judge them based on wanting something I see as not that important or silly ?

but then, aren't most people judging me because I keep repeating that I don't want to get married !! .

Maybe one of the good thing the book made me realize is that "we are free to dream whatever we want to be".

How about those ladies who want to get married but didn't for different reasons?. What shall I and you think of them? shouldn't we simply not think anything and take the matter as it's.

what if she doesn't get married and didn't work as well, would that mean she is less than me-who is working but not married-or that lady-who is married but doesn't work- and would that make the three of us less than you- who work and is married-!!.

I remember reading an interview with a blogger sometime ago where she said that her dreams was only to be a masseuse!! as simple as that :)
which remind me of our first meeting with the principle of our school when she kept encouraging us to work harder cuz "after all no one wants to be a teacher for ever and you all want to be principles and vice principles", to this day I still remember the expression on her face when I told her that this is not my dream !!.

Do we all have to have dreams and ambitious to be something bigger to be considered "good people" ?.
Who put this inside our minds that without ambitious we are nothing, without a job we are nothing !!.

Of course that's not a call to just lay around, cuz we are asked to build Earth but if we all going to be bosses and giving orders to build it then who is going to build it actually.

More thinking...into why I see what my mother and lots of stay at home mom dedication to cleaning and making food even for their grown up kids is "useless" !!


Will there ever a a day in our future that we going to be judged in it based on what our dreams and the lack of them are ? I hope not.

4 komentar:

  1. good thoughts...maybe we should support people in doing what they enjoy whether we think it's below them or too high for them to achieve. Let people dream and work to fulfill their dreams - and just enjoy life and not worry about what others are doing (as long as they aren't hurting people OF COURSE! :) )

    BalasHapus
  2. Susanne,

    well said. And of course as long as what they are doing is not in any way a harm to others :)

    BalasHapus
  3. I agree with both you and Susanne.

    This tends to be a big issue with people in the 1st world actually, problem with it is also the fact that many people then expect immigrants an the like to do all the low-level jobs - for basically slave wages. It pisses me off.

    Also, I honestly don't have a problem with someone wanting to be a stay-at-home mum and look after their children. As long as it's THEIR choice, and it's what makes them happy.

    BalasHapus
  4. Becky,

    exactly. The main thing here is to support people as long as that's their "wish" and "will".

    thanks for the feed back my dear :)

    BalasHapus