Jumat, 12 November 2010

Friday Good Reads ( 11/12/2010)


Outrageous:-
-There is not enough punishment for honor killings like the one claimed by the father , uncle and cousins' of  Banaz Mahmod. Banaz Mahmod 'honour' killing cousins jailed for life.



Romance:-
-looking for the right one !! read this 20 Countries With The Most Flirtatious People , and Lations dominate the list ;)



Arabic Articles:-
اذن السعودية كانت ستتحول الى افسد دولة في العالم- خلقيا- لولا رجال الهيئة


فتوى جديدة: لايجوز تقبيل راس الاب اذا كان يصلى احيانا و احيانا لا. فهل يجوز تقبيل راس بن لادن؟ و تعرفون السبب



These are some of the articles i had on Articles section. They are a bit old but still worth reading:-

ردا على هرقطات العريفي على الشيعة , رد الشمري بهذه المقالة الجميلة ماذا لو قال وهابي زنديق فاجر في طرف من اطراف نجد






-what kind of misconception you have ? these are 10 Biggest Misconceptions We Learn in School. 

- A new slave trade in different clothes. Europe's Thirst for Young African Footballers.

- Real angles who walk among us. Two-wheel triumph

-Different kinds of industry. The Virgin Industry.




-What would you do if you were imprisoned for 20 years for a murder you didn't commit ? how would you feel ? , all in John Kamara story. John Kamara: 'What's helped me has been a stable relationship and the kids'

- How can doctors keep patients safe in this time of huge fear ? .Learning to Keep Patients Safe in a Culture of Fear. 

- Fear lies in not understanding people's life and life style. Here is Myth of the 'gay lifestyle'. 

- A look at the life of people who work at night. Nightshift: 'Different lifestyle in reverse'. 

- The life of an American in Saudi Arabia. Pursuing happiness behind the veil.

- Another angel walking on Earth. One Woman's Attempt to Save Thousands. 


-No words are enough to explain the misery of these women. Kidnapped. Raped. Married. The extraordinary rebellion of Ethiopia's abducted wives.

-An amazing story of two incredible people. A house full of kids and love.

-The message everyone should embrace. Want Allah to Forgive You? Forgive Others.

-Another sad story for women who are treated as being nothing.  Afghanistan: When Women Set Themselves on Fire. 

















8 komentar:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of great articles added to my to-read-list! Thank you so much for sharing.

    I really liked the article on "Borrow a Muslim?" and have to admit, I was proud that it was a Dane behind the idea :P

    Also, thank you for sharing the article about Aisha, it's been very helpful to me. It's a matter I'd had trouble accepting/understanding. I think I read a similar account previously, possibly in 'In the Footsteps of the Prophet' by Tariq Ramadan, though I'm not 100% sure.

    BalasHapus
  2. Really interesting articles thanks for sharing.

    BalasHapus
  3. Becky,

    Glad you found something to enjoy from the list dear. And yes i remember the joy i felt reading this uniqe idea of borrowing a Muslim. I guess every other discriminated person should adapt this idea.

    The Aisha article gave me a piece of mind at least. I really believe in it . These information needed to be out instead of believing that the prophet did marry a 6 year old.

    BalasHapus
  4. Sweet,

    glad you liked them.

    and you are welcome dear :)

    BalasHapus
  5. Wafa',

    Yes, it's definitely important for peace of mind. It's what I believed all along, as I just couldn't come to terms with our Prophet (pbuh) actually consuming a marriage with a 9-year-old no matter cultural differences, it did not seem right. Just nice to have a scholar explain it properly.

    Actually, this is one thing that caused a MASSIVE argument between my love and I, whilst we were still only friends. It was about half a year after we started talking, and we used to discuss religion a lot (obviously this was also whilst I was still a Christian), I asked him about this cause I couldn't understand it, fully expecting him to say it was a mis-conception, or something like that, instead he just said "yes that's what happened". Then I asked him you think this is okay? My youngest sister was 10 at the time, and the mere thought of anyone taking her as his wife made my blood boil, so whilst he didn't think that it should be done today, he did believe it was what the Prophet (pbuh) had done and that it was okay. I didn't speak to him for a couple of weeks (and we used to talk every day) so I'll definitely be showing this article to him! :P

    BalasHapus
  6. Becky,

    even when i was young and naive, the whole marrying a 6 or 9 years old didn't sink well with me. because now or the past it's still a very young age .So i could understand your frustration.

    I think he and many should see the article indeed.
    maybe it should be reposted. And i am thinking of translating it and posted in one of the popular forums.

    BalasHapus
  7. Thank-you for sharing links to my rape survivor series! If you get a chance, stop by my new website HayleysComments.com

    BalasHapus
  8. Hayley,

    you are welcome and sure thing i will visit your website so soon :)

    BalasHapus