Minggu, 21 November 2010

Can I Convince You ?


Not that i don't need you, but this time it's more . 

Since i got the good news that there is no tumor. And as it's great news, i want to do something good for "someone". The problem is that the good i intended to do for "someone" is not available for me :(  . Thanks to the stupidity of my bank. 

So since i can not do it, i thought if i can convince you lovely people to do something good for "someone" then i did something good . Cheating, right? :) 

I like this site because what you can do is so simple and it takes just minutes to do it, but oh how much you have helped. 

The site is called  Kiva  


The site is simple and about "loans that changes lives"
See, they are loans .
it's about normal people all around the world, who have projects they need to finance. 
"someone" who might be you or me, or we know :) 

That's what the site says 

Kiva's mission is to connect people, through lending, for the sake of alleviating poverty.


Kiva was born of the following beliefs:Kiva empowers individuals to lend to an entrepreneur across the globe. By combining microfinance with the internet, Kiva is creating a global community of people connected through lending.

  • People are by nature generous, and will help others if given the opportunity to do so in a transparent, accountable way.
  • The poor are highly motivated and can be very successful when given an opportunity.
  • By connecting people we can create relationships beyond financial transactions, and build a global community expressing support and encouragement of one another.
Kiva promotes:
  • Dignity: Kiva encourages partnership relationships as opposed to benefactor relationships. Partnership relationships are characterized by mutual dignity and respect.
  • Accountability: Loans encourage more accountability than donations where repayment is not expected.
  • Transparency: The Kiva website is an open platform where communication can flow freely around the world.
As of November 2009, Kiva has facilitated over $100 million in loans


you can loan individually or join a team which you can find on the community section .

It's simple, you just register, they send you an email with a verification link and then you are one of the lenders. 

You can choose the kind of people you want to lend, men or women and the sector you are interested in. You choose the one and the project or ask the site to choose for you. 
There are different kind of the amount of money you can give, but the bottom is 25 dollar. That's almost 100 Saudi Riyal . There is another charge that's called ( Donation to Kiva's Operation Costs) but it's completely optional, so you can edit it to zero . 

Can you please help "someone" ? 
Who knows you might join it one day and someone nice will help you or maybe you wont join but karma will hit you greatly :D 

why can't i do it? , i actually did it once but since all the paying are through "paypal" and my stupid bank doesn't accept that, as they told me"our sharia board doesn't accept that company" , really? interests are ok but a company that can help us give loans aren't !! . 
The other problems is that the site works only with paypal :( 

And btw, the loans do come back, 3 dollar have been returned right now to my account and i can use them again to give loan to "someone" else. 


Don't we all waste 25 dollars on shoes, bags, clothes, books ....etc that we can get rid of in seconds ?? 
But that loan wont be get rid of, it's not a waste of money , it's going to help "someone" , "someone" who can be me and you one day. 

please please help. It's never too late or too early or not the time,
 it's the right amazing time for someone, 
another lovely human being. 


6 komentar:

  1. Well, you know how much I love Kiva! So thank you for sharing the message, it's an amazing organization. I just made my 4th loan yesterday. I try to do one loan each month, but yesterday I only had to pay about 12$ as 13$ had been paid back from my other loans!

    Also, of course I don't know how it is in Saudi Arabia, but I don't have a paypal account and just pay using my credit card? But it might be different where you are. Definitely sucks though, because it is a great organization. I love how you can pick by country, gender, field and read what the loan is for aswell. What a great way to make a difference in someone else's life!

    BalasHapus
  2. I'm in! Wa mabrook ya Wafa!!

    BalasHapus
  3. Mabrook ya Fofo.
    il 7amdellah that you are OK. that's great news.
    ((hugs))

    BalasHapus
  4. Becky,

    I know and i remember that i used to know about them but never got involved until you wrote that beautiful post of you :) .And now i am jealous of you for making the fourth loan, hopefully things will change for me and like you i pay using my credit card but since paypal handle their financial matter -as they told me in an email- that why the bank refused to accept .

    what i like most is the section of where you can find the almost finished, oh my god, a click and that loan is paid for someone :)

    BalasHapus
  5. Achelois,

    I love you, thank you so much for being part :)

    And AlhamduliAllah my dear :)

    BalasHapus
  6. Dr.N,

    Allah Yebarek Feike ya gamar :)

    indeed it is great, thanks a lot dear :)

    "hugs"

    BalasHapus