Sabtu, 22 Mei 2010

One Moment Can Turn your Day into a Happy One :)



A blogger asked her reader a few days ago about what makes people happy? .

I didn't want to philosophizing things , but usually i believe that happiness is a matter of beautiful moments and things that you have during your life, if you have more of them then you are a happy person and if not then you might not be happy-according to me not you-.But that's just me.

Sometimes I would have a whole awful day and sometimes months but that doesn't mean I am not happy. I think of my self as a happy person and lucky sometimes. I have good things in my life and i guess at the end of my time, I might be collecting a lot of the happy moments and end up a happy person-in my dictionary-.


I usually take a book with me to the classes so if i have a few minutes left or between the girls work, i read a page or two from whatever i had. Today was a normal day, we finished early and i sat down reading and smiling to the things i was reading-they were amazing-and suddenly i raise my head to see that the whole class was looking at me. They laughed when they saw the look on my face. And then the question pour in about the book? the writer? what was the message of the book? . T
hey liked it a lot . And the usual me started by encouraging them to learn more and how can they start reading English books step by step, where to find them, what do they need..etc.

And that lead to their daily quest for the answer's to life. They are so depressed of the future , of what might happen to them. I tried my best to encourage them and tell them stories of me and how things turn out to be good for me when i thought nothing is going to be good again.
I encouraged them to have more faith in Allah and Allah only.
What I notice and this is not the first time we talked about that, that they liked to hear such things. I guess more than just gives them knowledge and fill their heads with information they can find everywhere, they need us to fill them with hopes and encouragements.


When the bill rang , none of us wanted to leave. I wanted to continue giving them hope and they wanted to continue listening .

I promised them to bring them the article of this 98 year old woman who just got her master degree.
I guess if this touches the life of one person and can change them, then i will be proud to be a teacher.


The book I was reading :)


Today, i collected more happy moments :)


Have you got your happy moments of the day ?
they might be there waiting for you and to turn your ugly day into the best of days.
Don't miss them :)

14 komentar:

  1. My husband bought this book for me after Christmas, but I haven't read it yet. But I plan to. What a cheery post! :)

    BalasHapus
  2. Asalam Alaykum, very witty post and I loved it all mashAllah. I really went to read that book now inshAllah soon.

    BalasHapus
  3. Susanne, i bought the book lately and i just started it. but it seems inspiring, it shows from the first few pages. i hope to finish it soon , been a while since i read a book .

    And thanks dear :)

    BalasHapus
  4. Noor,
    w'aliukm alsalam :) T
    hanks for your lovely comment and i hope you will have the chance to read it soon :)

    BalasHapus
  5. MashaAllah ya wafa' I wish I could be in your class :-D

    BalasHapus
  6. What a nice post. :) Masha'a'Allah. I hope you have a lovely day. Just remember to always smile and no matter what happens, you will get through it. :))) (((hugs))) love you!

    BalasHapus
  7. i so much agree,our life is a bunch of happy moments and sad ones also, we should embrace these moments and enjoy them till the last drop.there no such a totally happy life.i have my moments each day,by looking at my kids smiling,or watching them playing happily,or just by sitting by my self enjoying my coffee thanking god for all his blessings.
    great post full of hope,have a happy nice day.

    BalasHapus
  8. hello wafa
    great post as usuall, filled with waves of hopes, that can destroy any wall of sadness,
    wish if i was one of ur students ;)
    have a nice day

    BalasHapus
  9. Ever, Thanks for your compliment :)

    BalasHapus
  10. Texan,
    indeed smiling will get you through the day easily :)

    Love you, too and take care sweetie :)

    BalasHapus
  11. nissan,
    these happy moments you spend with your kids and share their beautiful moments will go along the way with them in their lives. You are creating a great time for yourself and your kids and it's amazing :)

    BalasHapus
  12. نادر,
    thanks a lot for your lovely words. But being a student of mine will lead you to prison here, lol so be careful what you wish for :P

    BalasHapus
  13. i love khaled hosseini!
    i never read this book...i love reading. i will have to pass the book store to see if they have it in stock!
    if he likes it...than its a must read!

    BalasHapus
  14. angie, yea he is amazing and reading his name on the cover for forword really encourage me. The book is amazing, too. I usually go for novels but this time i changed and so far it didn't disapoint me .

    BalasHapus