Selasa, 04 Oktober 2011

World Teachers' Day



World Teachers' Day, held annually on October 5th since 1994, commemorates teachers’ organizations worldwide. Its aim is to mobilise support for teachers and to ensure that the needs of future generations will continue to be met by teachers.
According to UNESCO, World Teachers' Day represents a significant token of the awareness, understanding and appreciation displayed for the vital contribution that teachers make to education and development.
Education International (EI) (the global union federation that represents education professionals worldwide) strongly believes that World Teachers' Day should be internationally recognized and celebrated around the world. EI also believes that the principles of the 1966 and 1997 Recommendations should be considered for implementation in all nations.
Over 100 countries observe World Teachers' Day. The efforts of Education International and its 401 member organisations have contributed to this widely spread recognition. Every year, EI launches a public awareness campaign to highlight the contributions of the teaching profession. ( source )


More about it: 


18 komentar:

  1. good morning for all our appreciated teachers ,especially you my dear...have a nice day.
    الله يعطيكم العافيه والصحه ويقويكم جميعاً.

    BalasHapus
  2. Saw you on all about liya blog and thought I would come by and look at your blog. Now following you, Karima.
    www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com
    www.karimascrafts.com

    BalasHapus
  3. Happy Teacher day sweetie :)

    BalasHapus
  4. happy teachers' day wafa!

    BalasHapus
  5. Happy teachers day ya amar


    I really envy ur students for such a wonderful teacher they have....I'm sure they know who lucky they are

    BalasHapus
  6. نيسان,

    Amen ya rab :)

    and thanks a lot for your beautiful and kind words, my dear.

    BalasHapus
  7. Aseel,

    Thanks a lot my dear :)

    BalasHapus
  8. Karima,

    thanks for your visit and comment :)

    BalasHapus
  9. suraya,

    Thanks a lot my dear :)

    Have been thinking about you lately and was so happy to see your comment :)

    BalasHapus
  10. Whisper,

    Thank you my dear. I hope they feel that way, I know I am lucky to have them in my life :)

    BalasHapus
  11. wafa, it's nice knowing i did cross your mind!
    glad to see that you keep keeping your spirit high!
    insha allah life would be fullfilling for you!

    BalasHapus
  12. suraya,

    likewise my dear and thanks a lot for all the support you have shown me in two years, my age here :)

    BalasHapus
  13. I did write a comment before!!! maybe i didn't send it

    Ok why not again for you :)

    Salaam teacher,
    how are you?... Happy teachers Day
    I wanna be your student one day :)

    BalasHapus
  14. visible,

    OMG. You have been missed a lot my sweetie :)

    Hope that everything is OK with you and that your studies is going as you planned inshAllah :)

    Thanks a lot for dropping by, your wishes and kind words, my dear :)

    BalasHapus
  15. What a coincidence... I love teaching... I'm born in that day..October 5th! Happy belated teacher's day!

    BalasHapus
  16. Samaa,

    Happy birthday :), it's not late yet.

    And thanks a lot for your kind wishes my dear.

    BalasHapus