Rabu, 19 Oktober 2011

No Attachment



One of my belief is never to keep a thing. Never to get attached to anyone or anything. 

And that's what made me who I am today, I guess. It's sometimes even startling to me not to want to keep anything no matter its value , financially or sentimentally,. 

I used to keep lots of things that are dear to me, save them and cherish them. But not anymore, now I would keep them for a while-probably a year- and then just throw them away !!

Gifts would be cherish for a while and then given to someone or thrown away, beautiful letters from my pen-pals and amazing collection of photos are scanned into a disk and thrown away, the disk is not anywhere to be found too !!!I only keep clothes and shoes for more than one year, but they are thrown too after that . 


I wish I knew what changed in me and made me this person who wants nothing to connect her to anyone and wants to no one to be connected to, too 

I am not proud of this in me but wont call the worse in me. 

It might be a physiological thing !!!


12 komentar:

  1. In my opinion .. this is not good at all. You must have things in your life that give it meaning and keep track of yesterday.

    You don't have to get to attached to it .. but the way you are describing this means that you throw away yesterday and is reborn again everyday .. What if you get married and have kids .. you might throw them away after a year too!

    This is definitively not healthy..

    This is what I think.

    Best,

    BalasHapus
  2. trust me I'm like you some time
    but for me it's normal thing but honestly if that thing very dear to me i will keep it for ALL MY LIFE
    :)

    take care my dear <3

    BalasHapus
  3. ام محمد ,

    I know my dear, i even said it. it's not good...but i don't think I will throw my kids after one year because I don't want to ever have kids.. and because I do have a family and look at me, I am still stuck with them !!

    thanks for your comment :)

    BalasHapus
  4. Freedom,

    that's the thing, i can not keep anything or anyone close to me. dear or not , so...it's a biggie i guess.

    BalasHapus
  5. :'( WHY WAFA look at the bright side of Life

    BalasHapus
  6. Khaled,

    I am trying, that's why these confessions :)

    BalasHapus
  7. Well, I for one LOVE your confessions, and I wish I had a little more of this in me (I'm trying to learn to let go of things, especially material things, I feel such a need for a clean slate and just start over again), but of course it's important to have a balance.

    BalasHapus
  8. Becky,

    I need this balance very much and need to stop stupid excuses to get rid of things emotionally and physically. I hope i can soon.

    BalasHapus
  9. And I need to do the opposite, and stop with the stupid excuses to hang on to things I should just let go off ;) I hope you'll be able to achieve what you want.

    BalasHapus
  10. Becky,

    I guess you are right too, hanging on to things is not healthy as getting rid of them.

    BalasHapus
  11. I never keep memorable items! Many people find that very pessimistic of me. To me it's simply 2 matters: looking back at things/memories make me sad even if they reminded me of happy days; & it's a matter of space, I don't like storing things and I don't like to occupy/create more space for things.

    BalasHapus
  12. Samaa,

    one of the reasons i don't like to keep things is the lack of space. but also maybe a problem with attachment !! don't know.

    BalasHapus