Sabtu, 02 Januari 2010

New Year Theft !!


On New Year 's eve, my aunt was visiting the dentist , getting out of the doctor's office , her bag was snatched from her hand-inside it there were 3000 SR , 2 cellphones, and some dear and personal items that belong to my late grandfather- no one could catch the guys, actually no one tried to help.
At the police station , the second station because at the first they told her that that was not their area so they can not help, they brought some guys to be identified but she told them that she didn't see their faces and can not recognize any,
She report the incidents immediately so when did police men have the chance to catch them !! .

She is very sad and depressed over what happened .If you read this post then my mother's sister i mentioned there is this aunt, so the least i could do was comfort her in any way i can and since i am not good with words i bought her a cellphone which she loved . Now everyone claimed that they cellphones are stolen .lol

When my mother told me what happened, i was about to cry remembering what happened to us about three years ago, same incidents , different outcome.
About three years ago, My mother and i were leaving the bookshop when i felt a hit on my bag and it fell, i looked behind me to see what has happened and all i can see were two young kinds, about 11 years old, running on a bicycle with my bag in the hand of the one on the back.
First, i screamed and then started running after them, i looked like batman with my abaya flying behind me, but nothing was going to stop me. There were lots of people there but no one help. The kids vanished quickly and i couldn't see them , Then, i saw some kids playing nearby and was asking if they have ever seen the kids on the bicycle when a syrian man came running and told me that he is from around and that these kids are living in the poor area around there, so i left with him looking for them, i rode with him in his car - dump move since you don't know who was the man but nothing was going to stop me and turned out he was very polite and helpful - .We were looking in the area when i saw two Egyptians men and a Saudi man standing on the street with my handbag being held by the Saudi, i couldn't believe my luck and started to cry. what happened? one of the Egyptians told me that he saw the kids with the handbag and knew it must be stolen so he yelled at them telling them he was a police man, so they dumped it and ran and he gave it to the Saudi . I couldn't believe myself and opened it to check if anything was stolen but thank god nothing was taken. The Syrian guy took me back to the bookshop where my mother was waiting .I was scared for days but thank god things turned out well :)

what i hated about the whole things?
That we here, in Saudi Arabia and Saudi in general, have no knowledge of what to do in such cases, that's why i mentioned the nationality of the men who helped me, Saudi men just stood there looking at me and some were even smiling !!! have not seen a bat woman before or what ?
I hated the feeling of being a victim, hated the situations that led two children to steal- at first i hated them so much but then forgave them -.
I hated that with my shock and how quick everything happened i didn't give any of the men who helped me a reward !!!.
I hated it when someone said oh yea because Allah love you or that you are a nice lady things turn out good !! so what ? those who couldn't find their stolen things are bad !!

What i liked about the whole things?
That strangers could turn out to be your hero and that life is still good, i will always be grateful to those three men - the Syrian and the two Egyptians -.

Oh yea and police were not any helpful here, i did call them after everything happened but they didn't call me back to come identify any kids they have caught, so if i found my bag, no need to find the thieves !!

Everyone tell my aunt that it's almost impossible to find her bag and things. I guess they are right and so i told her to concentrate on forgiving them and pray for them, who knows? maybe it will help and she could end up doing something good for them when they did something bad for her.






10 komentar:

  1. how scarey!
    i havent come across being in a situation like that....and it makes me realize, you are wonderwoman! i would have froze and not moved from fear.
    i'm so sad that happened to your aunt. and to you as well.
    i understand that some people are desperate, but if they keep taking..then nothing will ever come to them.
    how parents can raise their children without the rule of never taking something that doesnt belong to one.

    BalasHapus
  2. Damsel in distress and here come the three heroes save the day :) That must be one scary experience! I can totally imagine how the 3abaya will look like! Hun have you realize that its dangerous to run with 3abaya, you might trip over by stepping on it! I have several this kind of experience of near trip over! I step the end and nearly fall from the escalator!

    BalasHapus
  3. angie, it's so scary and you know i am no wonder woman , i was just desperate, my cards were there with the pin number -i know it's very stupid move- so i got to get my stuff and seriously i didn't realize i was running until it just happened. as for the kids, they are very poor and i know that because most of them are from one nationality who lives the worst situations around here. i know it's no excuse but if someone help them, then things would have been different. and thank god both situations-mine and my aunt- ended up harmlessly :)

    C, i loved those three men, lol. they are my heroes :) and yes it's very scary and the abaya part was very funny but after that. and yes it's very dangerous running in them but believe me when you get used to them , then you can do wonders while wearing them, lol. thanx god nothing happened to you cuz lots of accidents with abaya happened using the escalators.

    BalasHapus
  4. LOOOL I know :P I'm one of the poor escalators victim! I wear 3abaya and 6ar7a occasionally I guess that's the reason all these accidents happened to me :P Btw let me tell you one funny thing :P The joke of the century- My 3abaya nearly stuck in the monorail, thank god I managed to pull it out, LOOOOL :P Plus once my 6ar7a nearly fly away coz of the strong wind, all my fault coz I hate using pin and I don't tuck in well :P Yea I could be that annoying sometimes :P

    BalasHapus
  5. C, well if you were them all the time then you are gonna be an expert, lol.
    and you know i am the wrong person to tell anyone how to wear abaya, i am a mess, all those years and it still a daily struggle , lol

    BalasHapus
  6. Oh no! That is so awful. Such a violation really. I am so sorry your aunt had this happen to her. :(

    Thanks for sharing about your personal experience. I'm glad you got your bag returned!

    BalasHapus
  7. susanne, it was very awful but thank god it ended peacfuly and leaning a good lesson. :)

    BalasHapus
  8. OH how horrible!
    I hope things turned out for the better :).

    BalasHapus
  9. It's awful being the victim of a crime. My son was mugged here and thrown out of a moving car - all for his phone! I, on the other hand, started walking away from a restaurant when our waiter came running after us - all of my money had worked its way out of my pocket and was on the floor where I had been sitting, and he returned it to me. There are good and bad people everywhere!

    BalasHapus
  10. Susie, the feelings are the worse and though of what happened to me, it's even worse what had happened to your son. Thank god he is fine. and yes good and bad people are around us :) .

    BalasHapus