Sabtu, 24 Oktober 2009

I AM SO MAD

it was a typical day, too much talk which i do when i feel nervous and uncertain. i had lunch and then went to get some times of relaxing, i woke up on the sound of yelling and screaming and fighting.
it was between my mother and brother-he is three years older than me- . they fought over money- as usual, but was more frightening-he wanted her to give him some, she said no and that she had nothing which of course he wont believe, he started to yell and scream at her which she respond to by threatening him to kick him out of the house and that make the situation even worse, he started to break things and the yelling was even louder.
it was not the first time he did so, he always does, he had a serious of jobs which he quits and now works as a driver for a company where he had a low salary which gets even lower when he received it due to his continuous absence and his debts. he doesn't contribute in the house except for sometimes where he gives my mother some money, something like 200 riyals, so he keeps asking for money and when we don't give him, he yells, screams, calls us names, threaten to do so and so.
there are five of us living in the house, my mother, my father who is an old man who can do nothing, my older sister, my brother and me. i'm the breadwinner of the house and i pay the rent of the apartment we live in, i'm not complaining , that's my destiny and i love doing it. at least we don't need anyone, but we can not give him money each time he wants, each time he lies to us with one of his stories, each time he fake a sickness which will disappear the moment he took one riyal and not by a visit to the hospital.
it's scary and i am so scared from him, i'm afraid to get hit by him, i guess all my brothers hate me and i'm not complaining, cuz of me being the breadwinner, they think that this makes me believe i'm superior to them. i never acted or said anything to indicate such things but because i don't give them any money to spend on their leisure-which are bad- and rather spend it on the house , its necessities and some of the pleasure of my mother, who spend her life living with a man who gives her nothing and my sister. beside i really believe that i shouldn't support a man ,who is capable, financially.
so when things start to calm down, i called my eldest brother who is only 4 years older than me and one year older than him, he told me to call him back when my brother came back, which was around Maghreb prayer and i did, he came and they had a brief talk and we expect the rest, an apology , a kiss and that WE should be considered of his emotions cuz he is not married and life is tough and so and so and so( lots and lots of excuses ) and some indicating that he doesn't need to be called each time we have a problem and he has a family !!!. this is your mother we are talking about and if you are not willing to defend her then whom will you defend, wont this happen in the near future when your kids grow??.
i'm so terrified that one day my brother will kill my mom or dad, when he is mad he is so scary, i'm afraid that he might hit me and case a permanent damage or something, i had a constant pain in my back thanks to my younger brother.
i know i'm stuck with a family of beast men, but when will things changed? when will we live life? when will we be happy? is life ever going to be happy? are we going to suffer our whole life because someone had a tough life ? what about us? when will anyone think of us , of our tough lives? how about my poor mother's soul? she couldn't stop crying, feeling like a failure with two sons who are monsters and a third one who doesn't care? is it her fault to have been married to a man who never taught his sons to be good to their mother, to set a good example ? .
it's easier to blame myself and my mother for everything, which i did before, but no i'm not going to do so, i'm not going to be a victim again, i hate feeling this way but all i keep wondering is when will everything stop ??? .
btw, my brother used to take drugs, not medical drugs, especially pills and we believe he is still use them and that's the reason for his constant demand of money. i'm tired of people telling me that they are sick or poor me cuz we tried our best with our youngest brother and he refused to receive any help? it's their choice and their choice to stop whatever they are doing or seek help. i'm not ashamed to say i hate my brothers .
i am so mad .

10 komentar:

  1. Having a good family is a bless. Allah y3eenik wo inshallah everything gets better wo allah yahdi your brothers.

    BalasHapus
  2. Hopless Poet, nothing compares or like a happy family, unfortanetly, i don't think we ( i and my family ) will ever have one :(
    and Ameen i wish him nothing but to leave us alone and to do good to himself.
    thanx dear :)

    BalasHapus
  3. The only advice I can give is to remain patient until a way out is made clear for you. Not out of your families life as your mother needs you...but out of the situation in which your brothers hold you hostage too. Patience patience and more patience...that is all there is sometimes.

    BalasHapus
  4. coolred38, thanx a lot for the advice, actually it seems it's the only way to get through it is to be patience.

    BalasHapus
  5. looks like you didn't win the family lottery either, huh :(
    I'd like to say it's ok, but it's not.
    What I can say is that I really connected with the screaming, yelling, etc etc ... 3indina o 3indikom el 5air :P
    We just have to do what's best for us, and hope that whatever obstacles we face in life... are all just a challenge from God. Take it easy :)

    BalasHapus
  6. This is such a sad tale. And, I feel so sad for you and your plight. You're almost as if you're stuck because customs and traditions won't let you just dump your family. I see this as your only recourse...but again, that is very American of me. But, I believe that you keep those in your life who enhance it, and dump all those who create an excessive burden.

    I wish you the best...

    BalasHapus
  7. immaturely mature, oh i am already a loser in this filed since birth. and yes it's not ok and as you say we only need and try to do the best to keep us alive .
    thanx dear :)

    BalasHapus
  8. teri, thanx alot for your wishes. you know my sister and i always wish to be in America to dump the whole family and just go be on our own, sometimes we even wish we don't see each others, lol. you know lately all i have been doing is do this take care and keep those who are close to me and love me and respect me and dump the rest, hope it works :)

    BalasHapus
  9. Muse,
    your story remindes me a little of the relationship between me and my brothers.
    my older brother from my dad.. he is a finacial mess..
    after evacuating Lebanon in 2006...i had my husband who was just diagnosed with cancer...and got a job in photography barley making enough to support my son, husband and myself in a small 1 bedroom....but my brother who has a good job decides to ask me to borrow $6,000 so he could take his wife on a surprise vacation. thats the last time i spoke to him (2006) i was so upset he'd even consider asking

    my brother who is a few years younger than me has 2 children from 2 different women (never married) 2 times a month i pick up his oldest daughter to stay the weekend with us (my brother doesnt even visit her) he doesnt work and is very lazy. when i got the job i had now, we moved into a larger place, moved my mother in, and brother wanted to live with us as well. i told him no! seriously. i let him stay for 1 month till he was able to find somewhere else to live (every day i reminded him of how many days he had left)...i know that sounds cruel, but i'm raising a son, and i want my son to know that men have to work and take care of their families, and i wasnt about to have my lazy brother living in home doing nothing, while worked. he was mad that i was supporting my mom and husband...but my mom is old, and my husband was sick (and once my husband was well he went out to find a job)

    you are such an honerable woman to be supporting your family. i know my situation was easier to stand up for because there was no fear involved. i really hope your brother never raises a hand to you! i'll keep you in my prayers.
    you are so strong and will do something with your life :)

    BalasHapus
  10. angie, you are amazing lady for standing up for your rights, and you were never cruel in giving your younger brother an ultimatum, i agree one hundred percent with you that a man should take care of his family and support them not the other way around. thanx a lot dear for your support, prayers and beautiful words. and iam glad your husband is safe and well :)

    BalasHapus