Senin, 21 November 2011

Great Women: My Gifted Studnets



To the two of you " A " and  " H ", your determination and enthusiastic were amazing, I wish that you can go on with the same beautiful spirit and the same light in your eyes to achieve much more in your lives.
I told you before that by going on and taking the step forward you show your true courage . I wish life hand you more success now you know the tough road to get it.
And I wish  I can let you read you this to know how I feel :)


There is a big increase towards gifted students these few years in Saudi Arabia. Despite having the worst kind of education but those working in the field of gifted students are the best.

This year I am the one responsible for finding and encouraging students who might be gifted and would like to participate in different categories. Lots of them were interested but were so afraid to continue due to their studies.
Two of them were very much interested and still. My work is to guide them through the process of their work, of finding the perfect objects, doing the best research, seeking help from professionals, being their voice at school and giving them the necessary documents to make their work easier. It's been tough but amazing work.

Today,I went to a primary school with one of the student to complete her research and it's unbelievable how kids can be helpful. She was shy and didn't know how to get the answers from them, so I took the lead and start asking them the questions she wrote while she record their answers. She was happy-as she told me later on- that i helped her tho i was worried. And I never knew that kids can be this cute :) . When we finish they were in line to shake my hand and ask me to come teach them the next term :). But seriously the result of the questions scared me so much.

Next Monday, my student will go to the first round of the competition. I encouraged them a lot, yet made it clear that they might lose, but that this journey will teach them great deal and that they can develop it even more for next year if they didn't pass this year. They assure me that if they didn't win, it's OK, that they liked the journey so far.
But they are 17, can they accept defeat ? On Sunday, I would be with them in organizing everything but on "The Day" i won't. I am glad and sad at the same time. Happy so i won't annoy them with my worrisome and sad cuz I want to be there whether they are winning or losing, but the good thing is that their families will be with them.

Anyway, it's a beautiful short journey so far and I have enjoyed it so much to the extent of envying them and wishing that I can participate, too :)


4 komentar:

  1. best of luck to your students :) inshaAllah they will win.. They have a gifted devoted teacher :)

    and trust me they did win already by challenging their limits and reach that far :) they will remember and cherish this whole experience and they will surely remember the teacher who gave them all the support she could give forever :)

    BalasHapus
  2. الله يوفقهم ان شاء الله ... و يوفق معلمتهم حبيبتي ويسعدها

    حلوه الفكره ويا رب تنتشر وتستمر ويستفيد منها اكبر قدر من الطلاب والطالبات اللذين يستحقون الدعم والمسانده.

    BalasHapus
  3. Aseel,

    thank you so much for your words.

    I was just talking to one of them on the phone, she was looking hard for things for her research and I appreciated her effort and the help of her family, that's why I wish they win or at least be recognized for their effort. And you are right, that's alone is a huge winning :)

    BalasHapus
  4. نيسان,

    آمين يارب

    و ربي يسعدك ودنيا و آخرة ان شاءالله :)

    و ماشاءالله الفكرة منتشرة بشكل كبير الان لانه فعلا الموهوبين بحاجة للاهتمام.. هما عماد المستقبل
    :)

    BalasHapus