Selasa, 15 November 2011

Attention



I love to have the attention of everyone. 


Did I get your attention !!


I know it's complicated and I know that my journey to some kind of recovery that I need is to be honest with myself . 


So why do I need this ? I know it's one of the most common thing in the world for kids to want to have the attention of their parents and the same for teenagers, but for grownups !!. then why do I still craving for people's attention ?. Is it a lack of love i felt and feel almost always. 
Growing up in a disturbed family means that you are either completely neglected or forgotten. And to be the less troubled one is another add to the problem. I admit I didn't have the love that will secure me emotionally growing up and protecting me from seeking people's approval by getting their attention doing the good thing btw. 


Does comparing between relatives or people in general, especially since this comparison is not in your favor, makes you feel neglected and then seek attention ? . 


I wonder. 


This problem can be very bad sometimes that I wish to be hurt or do the most outrages thing to be noticed and then be loved. And sometimes it's the least of my problems !! . The funny thing is that when the going gets tough, I care less about people's opinion . 




is this starving for attention is a cry out for love , maybe ?




Part of "string of confessions"

10 komentar:

  1. Wow, you just took away my confession Wafa except that I may be the complete opposite. In my family I like to be invisible.

    I never thought of you as being the type of person who needs approval, but I guess we all want people's approval. I guess it depends who these PEOPLE are.

    I love you for the sake of Allah and I know that this journey- life is a beautiful thing.

    BalasHapus
  2. this is complicated ! if we want to be in the middle of attention suddenly we don't care !
    and if they didn't notice us we become angry why no one give us few minute to listen to us , to our problems .
    kids or grownup we all need attention in lots of times.
    about myself i don't want to be notice ! maybe it's how i lived all this time with TAKING CARE OF MY BUSINESS ! i don't feel comfortable to open my heart and my problems to anyone including my mom , that's why i love to be alone. that's why i hate to be in their attention .
    so it depends on the person , dose he/she want this or not , and for me i don't want this attention .

    BalasHapus
  3. Salma,

    I think it's hugely complicated. Something about the way you really need deep down and the way you are now, the personality of you. So yes in a big part I need approval and in another big part I don't. Probably 50/50 situation. And since I hate this "need to be loved by people or get their attention" I need to confess first. Writing is a therapy, right? :)

    Salma, you are one of the people who I met online and love and respect a lot. That's one advantage to technology :)

    BalasHapus
  4. Freedom,

    it's indeed complicated. I never been so open with people cuz I am not that good in explaining it all and always worry what they might think so I locked it all in.

    And you are right we all need approval and attention but it differ from one person to the other. But I guess the more isolated someone is the stronger he is and I think that's why you are a strong young lady my friend :)

    BalasHapus
  5. I remember a few years ago some online friends and I were talking. A question came up about what we expect from friends. For me it was being acknowledged. I hate when I try to reach out to people and no one seems to acknowledge my efforts. I find that disheartening and hurtful. So I can relate to your thoughts here.

    For what it's worth, I really missed you those weeks that you didn't post and rarely visited blogs. So I miss your presence in my life when you make yourself scarce. Don't do that again! ;-P

    BalasHapus
  6. Susanne,

    it's in our nature to want to be acknowledged, appreciated and got the attention we deserve. The problem is that I do cross the line sometimes and that's the confessions to help me grow and be a better version of me.

    Have I told you how much you mean to me even tho we never met or even talked but you are a very dear one to me :)

    BalasHapus
  7. How about this for explanation:

    "The need to be connected (in this case, to have attention - Alia) is, in fact, very basic in Maslow's hierarchy of needs, the psychological theory that explains the largest and most fundamental human desires.

    Our need for a sense of belonging comes right after physical safety. We thrive on friendship, family, and the constant affirmation of our existence and relevance. Our self-esteem is largely a product of our interactions with others."

    - Scott Belsky

    BalasHapus
  8. Alia,

    I liked this explanation a lot, and I do believe in it...but I want to stop this sick need for approval and attention, I really do.

    Thanks a lot for sharing :)

    BalasHapus