Minggu, 02 Januari 2011

2010 Meme



I love this idea when i read it at  Amber's blog, 
so here it's and go ahead and do it if you like it :)


1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
There was nothing new this year. 

2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
sadly, no. And i decided not to record any more resolutions. Just keep them in mind and try my best to work hard to get to them. 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My Father. 

5. What countries did you visit?
Didn't go anywhere . Have a ticket for me ;) 

6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
peace of mind, happy family and financial stability. 

7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The day my father's died.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Probably surviving. 

9. What was your biggest failure?
Is not life itself the biggest failure !!! 

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing new, only my continues suffering with diabetes and its bad effect on my eyes like right now. 

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Books :) 

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
hmmmm, dunno 

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
most of my colleagues at work and some people in general. 

14. Where did most of your money go?
rents,debts and the basics of life. 

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
I am a very easy person to please so everything good that happened was a true excitement. 

16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2010?
Cut , a sad song but beautiful . Listened to it this year but i don't know if it's a 2010 production. 


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
Happier

ii. Thinner or fatter?
Duh !! of course, thinner. lol 

iii. richer or poorer?
dunno, probably poorer :( 

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Read more and learned a language. 

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
nothing

20. What was your favorite TV program?
The walking Dead and The Amazing race , plus many but these two were special this year. One new, one first all female team winner. 

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No, same people, lol.

22. What was the best book you read?
Not one book only. There were :Brida by Paulo Coelho.Playing Cards in Cairo by Hugh Miles. Laughing Without Accent- Firoozeh Dumas and some great Arabic ones like 
ستر لرجاء عالم , 
السيدة من تل أبيب لـ ربعي المدهون , 
قابيل ..اين اخوك هابيل لـ ابراهيم الكوني
of course these are the ones i remember right now 

23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Lady Antebellum  especially "Need You Now" & " Hello World" 

24. What did you want and get?
Nothing i wanted and get unfortunately but hopefully this year things will be different :) 

25. What was your favorite film of this year?
Inception And Black Swan. Plus any horror movie :) 

26. What did you do on your birthday?
I took my mom and sister out to dinner :) 

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
I guess as always practical and comfortable. not to forget the high heels, lol

28. What kept you sane?
God, being optimism ,the idea that i have to be sane for my mother and sister And everyone here who keeps praying and supporting me, thank you all. I love you so much :) 

29. What political issue stirred you the most?
almost all, i am a political junkie , but mostly women and children's issues in Saudi Arabia. 

30. Who did you miss?
My father and younger brother. 

31. Who was the best new person you met?
do i have to name only one !!! 
Honestly, the following people ( they know how amazing they were and how happy i am to have them in my virtual life, your words and support goes beyond these screens ) and in no particular order:-
 Surror, Susanne, Yosef, Becky, Naz, Rain, Farsilla, Hala , Oum Lujain, Ze2red, Salam, H., white Freedom, Nader, Naysan, Haitham, Whisper, I am Visible, Desert, Texan, Dr.N, Susu, Angie, Faith, Jaz,  Aynur, Mature, Amjad, Prometheus, Poet, Chiara ,C, Emad and Manal ( if you read this Manal, just want you to know that i miss you so much and hope things are all right where you are :) ) 

32.  Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?
Your good heart will take you places you wouldn't dream of. Be patient, you never know. Love for others what you love for yourself, and don't let people (who mean nothing to you )have this much  influence in your life. OH and Facebook is amazing, i never thought that, lol . You can add me as a friend if you wish, lol

16 komentar:

  1. Awww thanks for the mention! Am so so happy to have you in my life too! I might do this thingy as well :)

    BalasHapus
  2. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your father this year. May he rest in peace. Blessings for the new year.

    BalasHapus
  3. I'm happy to see you did this!

    I'm very sorry to hear that you lost your father this past year.

    I hope that this year will go well for you and your family.

    Inception and Black Swan were definitely two of the best movies of the year.

    Ooohhh...I'm not usually a zombie girl but I loved The Walking Dead. Almost enough to make me get the comics it's based off of.

    BalasHapus
  4. some of those brought me to tears and others just cracked me up. you're one of a kind and I love you and wish the best year yet :*

    BalasHapus
  5. Better year to come...In sha'Allah :) I liked it, may probably not steal, but copy the idea!
    I had my own answers in my head as I was reading along! Some I don't want to forget!!
    I don't know.. It's good anyways to reflect back I guess, we realize things we weren't aware of.. perhaps..

    BalasHapus
  6. I'm with Faith.Some of these answers made me a bit sad while others made me smile. :) So you can add "joined Facebook" as something new you did in 2010. I'm glad I'm already a friend there. ;)

    I didn't know you watched The Amazing Race. I love that show because of all the neat countries,people, cultures, customs...awesome! It was especially neat that they visited Dubai and Oman the last two seasons, huh? :)

    I plan to do this as well. I love that Amber resurrected it from 2009! Stay tuned. I'll get around to it soon, hopefully!

    Glad to read this!

    BalasHapus
  7. Thanks for the mention, dear Wafa'. I am very honored to know you and have you as part of my life. You are a special person on so many ways. BTW, I'd love to add you on facebook. Let me know and I will give you my info.
    Best wishes for a happy, successful, peaceful, and full of accomplishment year 7abibti.
    (((hugs)))

    BalasHapus
  8. May your fathers soul rests in peace..

    And may you have brighter, better days.. (:

    BalasHapus
  9. Becky,
    You mean a lot to me my dear and so glad that i met you :)

    And please do the meme, it would be interesting :)

    BalasHapus
  10. Zuhura,

    Amen :) and thanks a lot.

    And happy new year and may it be an amazing year for you and your loved ones :)

    BalasHapus
  11. Amber :)

    Welcome to my little place and thanks for the idea :)

    Thanks a lot for your prayers and wishes my dear :)

    They are amazing, i wish that one of them win the Oscar, though inception might not. And is not Natalie Portman amazing !!!

    i adore zombie movie, i got so excited about them especially when they fast and can catch you, lol and The Walking Dead was so wonderful :)

    BalasHapus
  12. Faith,

    I have missed you a lot :(

    Happy new year ya 3asal and may it be the best of years :)

    And thanks a lot for your wishes and prayers :)

    You are such a great human being :)

    BalasHapus
  13. H.,

    Amen ya rab :)

    Go ahead and do it, it would be very interesting as you said to reflect back and see how was the previous year :)

    BalasHapus
  14. Susanne,

    You are a treasure my friend :)

    And i am glad you are one of my friends there :)

    yup, Amazing race has always been my favorite show, the idea of being able to see the world for free and win money over it, woow. lol
    And i always love it when they visit Arab countries, very cool.
    don't you love Nat and Kat this year.

    ...Waiting to read your :)

    BalasHapus
  15. Dr.N,

    I honestly mean it when i mentioned your name, you are a very great person to know :)

    Happy new year and may it be a great year for you and your family :)

    I'd love to add you too, the badge where you can add me is at the top or you can look for my email
    museerato2002@gmail.com

    BalasHapus
  16. A Believer,

    Amen :)

    Amen and like wise :)

    BalasHapus