Senin, 21 Maret 2011

Prayer of Forgiveness


The tears I shed, I forgive.
The suffering and disappointments, I forgive.
The betrayals and lies, I forgive.
The slandering and scheming, I forgive.
The hatred and persecution, I forgive.
The punches that were given, I forgive.
The shattered dreams, I forgive.
The dead hopes, I forgive.
The disaffection and jealousy, I forgive.
The indifference and ill will, I forgive.
The injustice in the name of justice, I forgive.
The anger and mistreatment, I forgive.
The neglect and oblivion, I forgive.
The world with all its evil, I forgive.


Grief and resentment, I replace with understanding and agreement.
Revolt, I replace with music that comes from my violin.
Pain I replace with oblivion.
Revenge, I replace with victory.

I will be able to love above all discontentment.
To give even when I am stripped of everything.
To work happily even when I find myself in the midst of all obstacles.
To dry tears even when I am still crying.
To believe even when I am discredited.


12 komentar:

  1. هل كان من المفترض أن أحزن؟ لا أدري و لكن أحزنتني :(

    BalasHapus
  2. Haitham,

    probably !! but i felt uplifting and very happy reading that :)

    BalasHapus
  3. I felt sad to because I don't forgive that easily..there's too much ugly in the world

    BalasHapus
  4. Like Rain, sometimes I forgive easily, but sometimes I just don't. These are wise words; I will pray this so that I can learn to forgive more readily.

    BalasHapus
  5. this is so nice post , i felt of all the forgiveness.

    i wish lot's of people do this because if they did this , our world will be fine :)

    thanks a lot ...

    BalasHapus
  6. Very inspirational words! Loved it! it's tough to be as the list says as it can be seen as weak and inferior but that's also where the strength lies too.To forgive is divine!

    BalasHapus
  7. Rain,
    I do forgive easily but it's not easy for me to forget which sometimes upset me when all the past keep rushing in and then i seems not to be able to forgive, so it's a bad circle.
    Hope that we all can find peace in our hearts one day and soon :)

    BalasHapus
  8. Angelle,

    Amen to that. Cuz we all need that strength that forgiving gives us :)

    BalasHapus
  9. Freedom,

    well said. we all need it to make us and our world a better place to be :)

    BalasHapus
  10. Lat,
    To forgive is divine. I remember how once a student of mine couldn't stop crying when i forgave her for something bad she did to me, the smile you put on the face of someone when being told he/she is forgiven, it's beyond imagination and we shouldn't forget our own feeling we were forgiven, it's divine indeed :)

    BalasHapus
  11. This is so beautiful, thank you for sharing!

    BalasHapus
  12. Becky,

    Glad you enjoyed it :)

    And you are welcome .

    BalasHapus